Saturday, July 18, 2009

Only in Japan 7/19/09

Of course by "only in Japan" I mostly mean "not in America." Maybe many other countries exhibit similar behavior, but I don't have the luxury of such knowledge to draw comparison.

Anyway, it's Sunday and I woke up at 7:00 a.m., and not for Mass. The vice-principal of my base school invited me and a couple of other ALTs from his previous school (who I am, coincidentally, friends with) to his house today. I'm not quite sure what we will be doing, but there are rumors of noodle making. We are to meet at the station near his house at 9:00 a.m. I can't come up with any other explanation other than that Japanese people detest sleep. So many perfectly good hours in a day; it's not that I don't appreciate being invited to his home, but wouldn't a more middlish time of day have been more pleasant? Apparently not.

No comments:

Post a Comment